Selfa Nigeria Limited is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of a Trainee Calibration Technician.
Selfa Nigeria Limited is Nigeria’s leading provider of measurement, control and automation solutions.
Job Title: Trainee Calibration Technician.
Location: 10 Atunwa St, Opebi, Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Selfa provides industrial automation, instrumentation and calibration solutions to companies in various industries including food and beverage, aviation, oil and gas, petrochemical, power generation, steel industries, cement, manufacturing as well as testing laboratories. We provide industrial automation, instrumentation and calibration solutions to companies in various industries including food and beverage, aviation, oil and gas, petrochemical, power generation, steel industries, cement, manufacturing as well as testing laboratories.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
Technician trainees will be expected to perform the following; other duties may be assigned.
Trainees will work with other technicians within the lab to learn calibration fundamentals which caninclude measurement, temperature, electronics, etc
- Learn fundamental calibration techniques and processes
- Develop skills necessary to preform calibrations independently
- Develop skills necessary to advance to calibration technician I position within one year which includes proficiency in at least one discipline
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To be considered for a technician trainee position, the following knowledge, skills and abilities are preferred
- Ability to learn new skills in regards to calibration and calibration processes
- Previous experience with electronic or machining training
- Basic mathematical skills including algebra, geometry and statistics
- Familiarity with basic tools
- Proficiency with office computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic organizational and time management skills
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Process) or Physics
- Experience (Industrial Attachment) in a manufacturing or production environment will be an added advantage
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an
- employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle tools and equipment
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.