Website Sahara Group
Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia
Job Title: Treasury & Tax Accountant
Job ID: TTA6727
Job Type: Full Time
Location: IKOYI, Lagos state, Nigeria
Department: Asharami Energy Limited
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Entry Level
- To ensure effective custody and management of all company funds through complete documentation of all bank and cash transaction and reconciliation of Bank and Petty Cash balance in the General ledger.
- To ensure tax remittances and statutory payments are properly accounted for, remitted and filed in order to prevent penalties
- Makes all payment for Asharami Energy- writes and issues cheques, prepares telegraphic transfer instructions (Naira and Foreign currency), maintains and administers petty cash (Nigeria and foreign currency)
- Monitors and processes banking transactions in collaboration with the Management and Project Accountant
- Liaison with various banks where company accounts are maintained.
Enforces policies, procedures and internal controls related to bank and cash operations.
- Prepares and submits a daily cash report for all bank accounts. This details Asharami Energy’s cash positions in all banks.
- Assists with cash flow planning so that all debt payment and other obligation are paid timely and ensure accurate and timely transfer of funds to meet foreign payment obligations.
- Collection and receipting of all crude proceeds and cash calls received by Asharami Energy
- Ensure the safety and security of all cash and cheques by putting them in the safe at the close of business on a daily basis.
- Handling of Treasury related queries.
- Monthly bank reconciliation and preparation of bank reconciliation statements for all bank accounts assigned-Naira and Dollar.
- Timely remittance and reconciliations on remittances made with Tax authorities
- Timely payment and filing of statutory payments (WHT; PPT; CIT; NCD and VAT) for all Asharami Energy subsidiaries
- Filing of Transfer pricing for all upstream companies
- Good knowledge of personal computers and proficiency in MS-Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of banking operations.
- Basic knowledge of tax remittance rates and deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Multi-tasking and coordination
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- Accounting Graduate with 3 years of work experience in a similar role
Relevant Professional Qualification ACA, CIMA, ACCA with a minimum of the final stage in Professional Examinations
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Finance Manager
- Management Accountant
- Tax authorities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click the apply for job button, then click the link displayed
Application Closing date: Not Specified
To apply for this job please visit www.sahara-group.com.