Program Officer job at Breakthrough ACTION
Breakthrough ACTION is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of a Program Officer in the organization.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviours—from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases—by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behaviour change.
Why Work With us
Breakthrough RESEARCH catalyzes social and behavior change by conducting state-of-the-art research and evaluation and promoting evidence-based solutions to improve health and development programs around the world.
Job Title: Program Officer 1 – Tuberculosis
Job ID: PO567382
Job type: Full Time
The Program Officer’s specific duties will include:
- S/He will have primary responsibility for day-to-day coordination of the TB team activities
- The PO will provide technical assistance to the project in the areas of TB, social and behaviour change (SBC), capacity strengthening, community mobilization, social and mass media strategies and advocacy
- The PO will also assist in developing TB work-plans and reports, and support implementation at national and state levels.
- Support national and state-level coordination with governments, policymakers, TB implementing partners and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public health, Communications, Social Sciences, Health Education, or another related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on Tuberculosis programs, and at least 3 years working experience with SBC or demand creation.
- Experience working in northern Nigeria
Method of Application
Send Cover Letters and CV only as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line of your e-mail should be the job title along with your location. E.g. “Program Officer 1 – TB – Abuja”.
Application closing Date: Not Specified