Strategy/Theory of Change Review Consultant at Mercy Corp
Mercy Corps is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of Strategy/Theory of Change Review Consultant in its organization.
Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on humanitarian assistance, economic development, and conflict mitigation. With the ongoing insurgency in Northeast Nigeria causing the displacement of millions of individuals, Mercy Corps started its humanitarian response in 2014 to address the rising humanitarian needs. As the crisis has persisted, Mercy Corps’ strategy has also expanded to address the root causes of the conflict and seek to build the long term resilience of communities with integrated programs focusing on governance, the recovery of markets and livelihoods, social cohesion and social protection, youth empowerment, and local conflict management.
Mercy Corps is leading a consortium of 4 international NGOs to implement Northeast Conflict Management and Stabilization (NE-CMS) Program, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID The programme’s overall impact to ‘Improved security and reduced support for violence in Borno state’. Other partners include; Center for Humanitarian Dialogues (HD), Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) and Okapi Consulting.
Job title: Strategy/Theory of Change Review Consultant
Job ID: STC5638
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Consultancies
Closing Date: 18 November 2019
The Consultant will report to: Consortium Manager, NE-CMS
This consultancy will focus on two areas as follows
1) Support HD develop a component-specific Theory of change (ToC) and Results Framework (RF) to enable delivery that contributes to the overarching objectives of NECMS: As part of intermediate outcome 3: ‘Community demonstrate improved trust and social cohesion within and between actors at local level’.
2) Strategy refresh session to identify opportunities for complementarity and agree on the operationalization of the agreed strategic approach which focuses on improving the role of NECMS in influencing a wider peacebuilding architecture and other big players through better coordination; promoting lessons learning and undertaking joint advocacy. This consultancy will therefore facilitate NE CMS partners’ discussion on the practicality and role of the respective partners in delivering agreed strategic approach.
|1||Workshop preparation/review programme of documents||2 days|
|2||HD ToC/Results Framework Review Session||2 days|
|3.||Strategy refresh session with all partners||1 day|
|3||Development of workshop report, ; HD ToC/Results Framework document; strategy refresh report (||2 days|
|Total duration for consultancy||7 days|
- A ToC/ results framework document outlining how HD component contributes to NECMS overarching framework
- opportunities for complementarity among partners and how partners will deliver the agreed strategic as a consortium
- Workshop Report
Required Experience & Skills:
The ideal consultant will have the following experience and skills:
- Master’s degree in Peacebuilding, International relations, Public administration, social science, political science, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in project design, Monitoring & Evaluations and theory of change methodologies
- At least 5 years of experience working with INGO or NGOs on peacebuilding, humanitarian diplomacy or community development, capacity building and mentoring
- Previous experience in conflict prevention, radicalization inter-faith dialogues preferred.
- Demonstrated experience conducting strategy development and ToC workshops
- Experience with organization development mentoring of NGOs and action planning
- Knowledge of the northeast Nigerian context desirable
- English fluency required
Method of Application
Application Closing date: 18th of November 2019