PPC Search Manager Job description sample
This PPC Search Manager Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: PPC Search Manager
PPC Search Manager
A Pay Per Click Search Manager can be more than it seems and be more than purely having responsibility for the PPC Google Adwords campaigns and generating leads through Google. It is clear that Agency roles tend to focus purely on this and the management of PPC campaigns for their clients.
Within some roles, it is also focussed on driving new leads for the business through maximising a range of digital channels used within the business, to generate income. They tend to be responsible for managing Google Adwords (PPC), improving the Search Engine optimisation (visibility) of the company’s website, landing page optimisation and for some it may include email marketing and mobile marketing campaigns.
The technicality of the roles vary across the job roles advertised, where some are looking for technical managers with relevant skills to oversee other PPC staff or Developers and others are more focused on campaign management, planning and reporting.
Job description for PPC Search Manager
The variation on the job titles include: PPC Search Manager, Paid Search Manager, Digital Account Manager – PPC, SEO, Head of PPC and PPC International Manager.
- Junior roles within the team
The more junior roles PPC (Account) Executive, PPC Campaign Executive, Senior Account Executive – PPC, Digital Marketing Executive – PPC, SEO, Email, PPC Analyst, PPC Senior Executive and Search Planner/Executive.
4. Industry sector
5. Client/Agency side
6. Summary/Scope of role
7. Main Duties /Areas of responsibility
- Create search media schedules and build relationships with Search Engine Media Owners, where relevant in particular in Agency roles.
- Liaise and build relationships with creative teams and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing and implementing successful paid and natural search campaigns, demonstrating revenue goals, efficiency and volume.
- Responsible for the Adword budget allocation and planning.
- Understand and apply short and long tail keywords.
- Competitor research to support keyword research.
- Understand and manage creative campaigns to improve ad performance and quality CTRs.
- Liaise with Designers or Developers to optimise landing pages for optimum quality scores and create branding of banners etc for key data capture.
- Responsible for bid management, keyword research and specific country targeting. Optimise campaigns with text for ads etc.
- Ensure evaluation and tracking is in place to monitor campaigns.
- Identify opportunities to grow leads and improve profitability of campaigns.
- Understand display advertising on new networks, outside of Google/MSN.
- Co-ordinate and plan digital campaigns for new customer acquisition, including other marketing channels such as SEO, Affiliate, Display, TV etc (for some roles and not all).
- Management of mobile campaigns (for some roles).
- For agency roles, to liaise with clients through planning and providing key reports, with recommendations to improve campaign performance.
8. Person Spec: Skills and Experience
It varies across roles to the skills/experience which are set as desirable and essential.
- Passion for online marketing and thrives from result driven success.
- Passion for PPC campaigns.
- Budgeting and financial planning.
- Keep up to date with PPC and search industry developments.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate strategies for clients, in agency roles.
- Project management skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- “Breathe” Yahoo , Google Adwords, Bing, PPC Campaigns!!
- Analytical and critical attention to detail.
- Agency roles; experience in account management, client relationship building and presenting findings.
- Experience or understanding of Display or Content Network Management.
- Proven track record of similar PPC role or PPC campaign management, and can demonstrate improving performance and ROI.
- Experience of natural search planning and implementation.
- Sound SEO knowledge.
- Google Analytics and advanced Adwords Editor knowledge.
- Some roles ask for Dart/Atlas and keyword research tools.
- Advanced Excel and some roles ask for Kenshoo, Marin and DS3 platforms for more junior roles.
9. Core Competencies
These tend to be required for public sector roles and private companies can interview candidates based on competencies. Some may include Leadership, Communication, Creativity, Project Management, Financial and Problem Solving.
10. Professional Qualifications and Associations
- Google Adwords Certified.
- Degree educated or strong academic background.
- Some roles ask for 2-3 years PPC experience.