Synapse Services Recruitment March 2019
Synapse Services is currently recruiting suitable and qualified candidates to fill various roles in the March Recruitment 2019 in the organization;
Synapse Services is a “Center for Psychological Medicine”, that specializes in the provision of psychological and counselling services, Inpatient and Outpatient Mental Health and rehabilitation services.
We retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellently, client-focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Head of Accounts
Job Location: Abuja
Reports to: Medical Director
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
- Provide managerial and oversight for all accounting functions in the organisation.
- Provide accurate, timely periodic financial statements to management.
- Provide direction to accounting department staff.
- Provide oversight of assets and finances of the organization.
- Manages overall responsibility for accounting related information from various centres.
- Oversight may include monitoring purchases compared to the budget, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and capital expenditures/equipment.
- Reconciliation of all cash accounts and monitoring of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Evaluate the performance and professional development of staff.
- Assist in the management of the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role e.g. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc.
- Supervises end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts.
- Management and coordination of activities relating to Vendors/Procurement.
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to management
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Overseeing the Maintenance and reconciliation of Goods Receipts/ Invoice Receipt Account.
- Create and enhance financial policies and procedures across the accounting department as well as the wider Finance department.
- Ensures consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department and that these policies are appropriately set for the achievement of the business’s overall goals and objectives.
- Leads compliance with the business’s internal corporate framework policies and finance manuals.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monthly evaluating of un-applied Advance Payment to determine the risk level.
- Monitors expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Develops reports on all accounting related matters inclusive of taxation matters. These reports accompany pro-active advice and recommendations on the business’s financial approaches from an accounting and taxation perspective.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of the company’s accounting policies
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the company’s records (e.g. Clients, Suppliers, Banks, Employees, Management, Government and its relevant agencies etc.)
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Medical Director
Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum of MSc in Accounting
- First Degree must be in Accounting
- Certified member of ICAN/ACCA
- Minimum of 4- 5 years of core experience in accounting/management account
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Ability to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Ability to lead and manage a team effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or any other financial software
- Must be resident in Abuja
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject matter, e.g Head of Accounts- Abuja.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified