The Cashier Job description Sample
This Cashier Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Cashier Job Responsibilities and Duties
The Cashier would be responsible for ensuring the proper handling of all cash transactions of the Company, welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations. Operating, scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronic machines also Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
The Cashier Duties include:
- Posting of Petty Vouchers.
- Receiving of Cash, Cheques and issuing receipts.
- Reconciliation of Accounts (Banks and staff accounts)
- Posting of Staff Salary advance
- Lodging of cash and cheques
- Withdrawal of cash from Bank
- Posting of staff salary and wages
Reports: Senior Accountant
Key Relationships of a Cashier
- Customer Service personnel
- Head of Departments
- The Receptionist
- Suppliers and contractors
Key Job Measures:
Supporting company operations by maintaining office systems and operation electronic machine
- Attention to details.
- Time Management
- Analytical Skills.
- Decision-Making Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Supply Management & Informing Others.
- Reporting Skills.
- Managing process.
- Decision-making skills
- skills & proficiencies:
- Basic Math.
- Interpersonal Communication/Written and Verbal Communication.
- Product Knowledge.
- Telephone Etiquette.
- Customer Service.
- Dispute resolution.
Salary of a cashier
This varies across various organizations but usually between $500 – $1200 excluding other benefits such as an official car, health insurance policy for the Manager, spouse and four children, spouse allowance and other benefits.
- OND Accounting And/or Finance
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post qualification
- Experience with administrative and clerical work Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Result-driven professional with a proven record of achievements a strong work ethic