The Electrical Engineer Job Description Sample
This Electrical Engineer job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is.
Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Electrical Engineer Job
The Electrical Engineer would be responsible the Electrical Technician, Fitter mechanics in charge of generator and Maintenance personnel, also Assist in ensuring that all machines and equipments are well maintained and are in good working condition at all times. Monitor constant supply of power available in the company to identify and implement planned cost-effective maintenance process/practice
Electrical Engineer Duties
- In charge of electrical section.
- To prepare and implement preventive maintenance program for all electrical machines, generators and their panels.
- To deputize for the Maintenance Manager as when required to do so
- To carry out corrective maintenance for all the machines and equipment’s and their panels.
- To prepare electrical drawings and circuit diagrams, to troubleshoot faults and rectify them (electrical generator, pneumatics and ICT).
- Monitor the applied voltage to the machines and the current drawn by them.
- Shall be responsible for the enforcement of the company’s HSE rules e.g. PPE use, amongst electrical staff members.
- Supervise maintenance technicians and the generator operators.
- Construct and install new panels if required.
- To keep records of all activities performed and report same routinely to HOD.
- Any other duty related to maintenance tasks.
Key Relationships of an
- Maintenance /Utility Service Manager
- Technical Manager
- Production Engineers
- QA/QC Manager
- Finance Director
- Admin/HR Manager
- Maintenance Staff
- Store Officer & Purchasing Supervisor.
Key Job Measures:
Responsible for maintaining and ensuring that all machines and equipments are well maintained and are in good working condition at all times.
Required Skills of an
- Critical Thinking.
- Circuit Design.
- Instrumentation and Electrical Measurements.
- Active Learning.
- Interpersonal Communication.
- Organizational Skills.
- Complex Problem-Solving.
- Mathematics and Physics.
Salary of an Electrical
This varies across various organizations but usually between
$ 1900 – $2500 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse
and four children, Non-Accidental bonus and other benefits.
- B.Sc/HND or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- Membership of a professional body will be an added advantage.