The Electrical Technician Job Description Sample
This Electrical Technician job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is.
Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Position: Electrical Technician
Reports: Electrical Engineer
Electrical Technician Job Responsibilities
The Electrical Technician would be responsible to assist the Electrical Engineer to achieve the set goal of the unit.
Electrical Technician Duties include:
- To carry out maintenance on the machines as directed by the Electrical Engineer
- To troubleshoot faults and rectify them.
- Carry out preventive maintenance on the machines.
- Carry out corrective maintenance on the machines.
- To write reports of the all work in progress and accomplished/completed job.
- General cleaning of electrical machines and equipment.
- To stand in for Fitter Mechanic in charge of generator operation in his absence.
- Any other duty related to maintenance tasks.
Key Relationships of an Electrical Technician
- Maintenance/Utility Service Manager
- Electrical Engineers
- Production Engineers
- Factory Operative
- Maintenance Personnel.
Key Job Measures:
Responsible for ensuring and assisting the Electrical Engineer to achieve the set goal of the unit
Required Skills of an Electrical Technician
- Attention to detail.
- Technical Skills
- good communication and reading skills,
- an aptitude for mathematics,
- mechanical ability, strength and manual dexterity,
- the ability to distinguish colours to work with colour-coded wiring.
- the ability to plan and organize,
- the ability to work at heights,
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Communication skills.
Salary of a Electrical Technician
This varies across various organizations but usually between $ 200 – $580 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse and four children, Non-Accidental bonus and other benefits.
- W.A.S.S.C.E Tech., Advance NABTEB, Fed. Min. of Labour Trade Test Stage II &I.