The Fitter Machinist Job Description Sample
This Fitter Machinist job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is.
Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Position: Fitter Machinist
Reports: Foreman Maintenance
Fitter Machinist Job Responsibilities
The Fitter Machinist would be responsible to fabricate and machine all necessary machine parts.
Fitter Machinist Duties include:
- To fabricate or reproduce spare parts for the machines.
- Assist the fitter mechanics in the maintenance and repairs of machines.
- To ensure that all working machine parts are in good working condition.
- To ensure that the workshop is properly cleaned at all time.
- Shall understand and practice company HSE requirements.
- Any other duty related to maintenance tasks..
Key Relationships of a Fitter Machinist
- Maintenance Foreman
- Electrical Engineers
- Production Engineers
- Factory Operative
- Maintenance Staff
Key Job Measures:
Responsible for ensuring the fabricate and machine, all necessary machine parts are in good working conditions.
Required Skills of a Fitter Machinist
- Attention to detail.
- Mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM software, as well as the ability to set-up, program, and operate CNC lathes and mills to produce parts.
- Job planning and bench layout.
- Manual grinding, drilling, and milling.
- Equipment testing.
- Technical Skills
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Communication skills.
Salary of a Welder
This varies across various organizations but usually between $ 200 – $700 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse and four children, Non-Accidental bonus and other benefits.
- W.A.S.S.C.E Tech. Advance NABTEB, Fed. Min. of Labour Trade Test Stage II &I.