The Import Clerk Job description Sample
This Import Clerk Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Import Clerk Job Responsibilities and Duties
The Import Clerk would be responsible to ensure proper completion and filing of import papers and proper monitoring of import and liaison with our clearing agents to ensure prompt delivery of our consignments. It also involves charging, costing and arranging the movement of goods and flow of paperwork to ensure Customs clearances are obtained quickly and deliveries are made in good time. An Import Clerk may work with imports that are shipped using sea, air and/or road freight.
The Import Clerk Duties include:
- Check PFI received from suppliers for completeness.
- Filling of Form-M
- Computation of Duty Payment
- Computation of Insurance payment
- Liaise with the trade desks of our banks for the establishment of form M & L/C.
- Making Contact with Agent
- Preparation of Exchange Control Document
- Any other job as may be assigned by the Financial Controller
Position: Import Clerk
Reports: Senior Accountant
Key Relationships of a Cashier
- Clearing Agent
- Customer Service personnel
- Head of Departments
- The Accountant
- The Managing Director
- Sales Department
- Stores Department
Key Job Measures:
The Import Clerk works with goods moving out of a country. They will receive, monitor and process daily freight movements also involve ensuring the correct paperwork is in place for shipments and their exporters.
- Attention to details.
- Time Management
- Analytical Skills.
- Decision-Making Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Supply Management & Informing Others.
- Reporting Skills.
- Managing process.
- Decision-making skills
- skills & proficiencies:
- Basic Math.
- Interpersonal Communication/Written and Verbal Communication.
- Product Knowledge.
- Telephone Etiquette.
- Customer Service.
- Dispute resolution.
Salary of an Import Clerk
This varies across various organizations but usually between $500 – $1200 excluding other benefits such as an official car, health insurance policy for the Manager, spouse and four children, spouse allowance and other benefits.
- OND accounting and/or finance
- Must have a minimum of 3 years post qualification
- Experience with administrative and clerical work Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Result-driven professional with proven record of achievements a strong work ethic