The Maintenance Foreman Job Description Sample
This Maintenance Foreman job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is.
Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Position: Maintenance Foreman
Division: Maintenance/Utility Service Manager through Electrical Engr.
Reports: Fitter Mechanics and Machinists..
Maintenance Foreman Job Responsibilities
The Maintenance Foreman would be responsible to supervise and implement preventive and corrective maintenance activities.
Maintenance Foreman Duties include:
- Shall be responsible for the accomplishment of mechanical maintenance tasks in accordance with procedures.
- Shall be responsible to manage personnel and tools to achieve desired maintenance requests and make a documentable report for the same.
- Shall be responsible to enforce compliance of maintenance staff to use of personal protective equipment provided.
- Shall ensure that preventive and corrective maintenance schedules are implemented and maintained.
- To ensure preventive and/or corrective practice are adopted to prevent accident within the work area.
- To ensure that machines are maintained properly and on schedule.
- Shall compile routine maintenance activity report and submit to Maintenance Manager
- Any other duty related to maintenance tasks
Key Relationships of a Maintenance Foreman
- Maintenance /Utility Service Manager
- Electrical Engineers
- Production Engineers
- Factory Operative
- Finance Director
- Admin/HR Manager
- Maintenance Staff
- Store Officer & Purchasing Supervisor.
Key Job Measures:
Responsible for maintaining and ensuring to supervise and implement the preventive and corrective maintenance activities
Required Skills of a Maintenance Foreman.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Analytical and critical thinking Skills
- Communication skills.
- Leadership skill
Salary of an Electrical Engineer
This varies across various organizations but usually between $ 900 – $1500 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse and four children, Non-Accidental bonus and other benefits.
- NTC, W.A.S.S.C.E Tech. Fed. Min. of Labour Trade Test Stage 1.
- Membership of a professional body will be an added advantage.