The Store Clerk Job description Sample
This Store Clerk Job description sample can assist in creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and let the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your job duties and requirements.
Store Clerk Job Responsibilities and Duties
The store clerk would run the cash register and give customers who pay with cash precise change. pointing out where products are located and, when applicable, making suggestions for complementary things; welcoming clients as they enter and enquiring about their needs
The Store Clerk’s Duties include:
- Acquire and verify the products from vendors.
- Provide supplies and resources to other divisions within the organization.
- Present yourself for restocking to the store officer.
- Perform any other tasks that the store officer assigns you.
- Make sure the store’s materials are organized correctly.
- Maintain the store’s layout for quick access to inventory and merchandise.
Position: Store Clerk
Reports: Senior Accountant
Key Relationships of a Store Clerk
- Clearing Agent
- Customer Service personnel
- Head of Departments
- The Accountant
- The Managing Director
- Sales Department
- Stores Department
Key Job Measures:
The Store Clerk Keep an eye out for customers on the floor, reports any suspected stealing to management, replenishes shelves as necessary to guarantee maximum product availability, and unpacks shipments in the store room before properly classifying them.
- Attention to detail.
- Time Management
- Analytical Skills.
- Decision-Making Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Supply Management & Informing Others.
- Reporting Skills.
- Managing process.
- Decision-making skills
- Skills & proficiencies:
- Basic Math.
- Interpersonal Communication/Written and Verbal Communication.
- Product Knowledge.
- Telephone Etiquette.
- Customer Service.
- Dispute resolution.
Salary of a Store Clerk
This varies across various organizations but is usually between $500 – $1000, excluding other benefits such as an official car, health insurance policy for the Manager, spouse and four children, spouse allowance and other benefits.
- WASSCE/GCE ‘O’ LEVEL
- Must have a minimum of 3 years post-qualification
- A result-driven professional with a proven record of achievements and a strong work ethic
Contact us for a professional job description sample. Visit the La-Job portal for the latest jobs in Nigeria