The Store Clerk Job description Sample
This Store Clerk Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Store Clerk Job Responsibilities and Duties
The Store Clerk would be responsible to operate the cash register and provide accurate change to cash-paying customers, Show customers the locations of items they are looking for and suggest complementary items when appropriate and greet customers when they walk through the door and ask if they need assistance
The Store Clerk Duties include:
- Receive and confirm goods from Suppliers.
- Supply goods and materials to other section of the Company.
- Report to the store officer for replenishment.
- Carry out other jobs as may be assigned by the store officer.
- Ensure that materials in the store are properly arranged.
- Continually arrange the store for easy access to goods/stock.
Position: Store Clerk
Reports: Senior Accountant
Key Relationships of a Store Clerk
- Clearing Agent
- Customer Service personnel
- Head of Departments
- The Accountant
- The Managing Director
- Sales Department
- Stores Department
Key Job Measures:
The Store Clerk Pay attention to shoppers on the floor and notify management of any possible shoplifting activity, Restock shelves when needed to ensure optimum availability of products and Unpack shipments in the store room and categorize them appropriately
- Attention to details.
- Time Management
- Analytical Skills.
- Decision-Making Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Supply Management & Informing Others.
- Reporting Skills.
- Managing process.
- Decision-making skills
- skills & proficiencies:
- Basic Math.
- Interpersonal Communication/Written and Verbal Communication.
- Product Knowledge.
- Telephone Etiquette.
- Customer Service.
- Dispute resolution.
Salary of a Store Clerk
This varies across various organizations but usually between $500 – $1000 excluding other benefits such as an official car, health insurance policy for the Manager, spouse and four children, spouse allowance and other benefits.
- WASSCE/GCE ‘O’ LEVEL
- Must have a minimum of 3 years post qualification
- Result-driven professional with proven record of achievements a strong work ethic