Dispatch Rider Job Description Sample
This Dispatch Rider Job description sample can assist in creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and let the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is. Please revise this job description to meet your job duties and requirements.
Dispatch Rider Job Responsibilities
The Dispatch Rider would ensure that the assigned motorcycle is always used for authorized assignments and in good working condition.
The Dispatch Rider Duties include:
- Ride the company’s motorcycle to accomplish official duties.
- All HSE driving-related policies must be observed to ensure the consistent safety of documents and motorcycles.
- Report on all matters relating to assigned motorcycles to the supervisor.
- Responsible for updating the dispatch rider’s Logbook daily with the required information.
- Must ensure that assigned motorcycle documents/ particulars are updated and valid.
- Must ensure that the motorcycle is cleaned routinely or when the need arises.
- Responsible for carrying out the daily inspection of the general condition of assigned motorcycles and must properly lock motorcycles when there is a need to leave them unattended.
- Responsible for internal and external mail distribution when necessary.
- Transporting and receiving invoices and documents items quickly by motorcycle
- Record information, such as items received and delivered.
- Dispatch riders sign for the package on the collection and get an appropriate person to sign for it upon delivery.
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for making deliveries.
- Draw up weekly route plans and commit to the same.
- Ensure correct products are dispatched promptly using the motorcycle.
- Effective use of a real-time App for the dispatch driver.
- Ensure proper and efficient use of company tools (Motorcycle, Sales Application, etc.)
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
The benefit of a Dispatch Rider
- The dispatch rider assists in easily disseminating parcels within and outside to the company’s vendors or providers.
- The dispatch rider easily delivers items to Staff and vendors or clients to the companies.
- The dispatch rider ensures that the company’s products are easily accessible in various locations daily.
Key Relationships of the Dispatch Rider
- The Receptionist
Key Job Measures:
- Ensuring that the assigned motorcycle is always used for authorized assignments and is always in good working condition.
- Must be able to ride a motorcycle effectively and professionally.
- Be able to work weekdays and some weekends.
- Be Hardworking, Diligent, and possess Positive Energy.
- Must be physically fit.
- Should be reliable and punctual.
- Must have a mature working attitude.
- Be friendly and Presentable.
- Must have excellent road navigation knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Excellent communicator
- Personal organization and self-discipline
- Attention to detail.
- Time Management
- Decision-Making Skills
- Reporting Skills.
- Managing process.
- Decision-making skills
Salary of a Dispatch Rider
This varies across various organizations but is usually between $ 20 – $120, excluding other health insurance policies for the Staff, spouse and four children, non-accidental bonus, and other benefits.
- A High School certification, OND or NCE
- The ideal candidate should have at least 1-year experience as a motorcycle dispatch rider.
- Must possess a valid license to ride a motorcycle or a rider’s permit