The Maintenance/Utility Service Manager Job Description Sample
This Maintenance/Utility Service Manager job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is.
Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Position: Maintenance/Utility Service Manager
Reports: Managing Director.
Maintenance/Utility Service Manager Job Responsibilities
The Maintenance/Utility Service Manager would be responsible maintain a standard and functional maintenance department, achieving a cost effective and efficient Maintenance Management System and to ensure that machines, equipment and Company’s facilities are all in good working condition at all times.
Maintenance/Utility Service Manager Duties include:
- Shall be responsible for both preventive and corrective maintenance of company facilities, machineries and equipment.
- Planning for effective and efficient Maintenance Management System.
- Preparation of budget for maintenance services and repairs.
- Participating in the recruiting, hiring and training practices to ensure quality maintenance staff.
- Ensuring compliance of subordinate staff with all company objectives.
- Assisting the Technical Manager in the day to day management of the plant.
- Advise management on relevant technical issues.
- Participate and contribute to marketing of the company product.
- Understand and have the working and operation knowledge of all the company facilities, machines and equipment.
- Oversee the activities of both the electrical and mechanical section of the maintenance department.
- Vet all maintenance operation expenses.
- Keeping record of all maintenance activities.
- Recognize and propose reward for outstanding performance of maintenance team.
- Receive and acknowledge maintenance complaint form from concern section.
- Monitoring and enforcing the compliance of Health, Safety & Environment polices in the work environment.
- Inspection and approval of completed job prior to payment to contractors.
- Planning, and controlling of preventive and corrective maintenance program for all the machines and equipment and all other facilities of the company against down time.
- Coordinate, manage and participate in maintenance activities.
- Ensuring adequate planning and budgeting, organizing and staffing, controlling and problem solving in strategic and tactical maintenance process.
- Communicate adequate information to team members.
- Introduction of simple and new ideas to team members.
- Any other duty assigned
Key Relationships of a Maintenance/Utility Service Manager
- Managing Director
- Technical Manager
- Production Engineers
- QA/QC Manager
- Finance Director
- Admin/HR Manager
- Maintenance Staff
- Store Officer & Purchasing Supervisor.
Key Job Measures:
Responsible for the maintain a standard and functional maintenance department, achieving a cost-effective and efficient Maintenance Management System
Required Skills of a Maintenance/Utility Service Manager
- Problem Solving.
Salary of a Maintenance/Utility Service Manager
This varies across various organizations but usually between $ 1700 – $2500 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse and four children, Non-Accidental bonus and other benefits.
- B.sc/HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
- Membership of a relevant professional body will be an added advantage