Production Officer Job description sample
This Production Officer Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is Helping them succeed.
Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Position: Production Officer
Reports: Snr. Closer and Closing section Operators
Production Officer Job Responsibilities
The Production Officer would be directly supervising all rope closing activities in the Steel Wire Rope Plant, ensuring pieces of machinery and personnel suitability at all times.
Production Officer Job Duties include:
- To oversee all the activities of the closing section operators and make sure that any adjustment or correction needed to run the closing machine is given promptly.
- Shall be responsible to ensure the safe-keeping of closing section tools and equipment and updating of tools inventory record.
- Shall be responsible for timely switch “ON” of closing section machines/Grease heaters that are having Job each day.
- To ensure any jobs done in each day are properly and correctly reported on the report form
- To ensure any tools used are cleaned before returning them to the tools boxes.
- To ensure that operators regularly keep their machines and working environment clean at the end of each day activity.
- To ensure operators comply with the company Health, Safety and Environment policies by regularly using the Personal Protective Equipment provided.
- In case the closing section Engineer/Senior Officer is unavoidably absence, to ensure all necessary machine parameters are set to achieve standard rope are forming prior to QA/QC inspection.
- To ensure that all manufactured ropes or cores (IWRC or Inner) are properly labelled for traceability.
- Shall supervise the loading of strands bobbins into the machine.
- Shall carry out any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Key Relationships of the Production Officer
- Production Engr. & Snr. Officers
- QA/QC Dept.
- Senior Closers
- Sales Dept.
- Maintenance Dept.
Key Job Measures:
Responsible to coordinate the daily activities and directly supervising all rope closing activities in the Steel Wire Rope Plant, ensuring types of machinery and personnel suitability at all times
Required Skills of the Production Officer
- Attention to detail.
- Technical Skills.
- Ability to design
- develop and execute a short research project
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Communication skills.
Salary of a Production Officer
This varies across various organizations but usually between $ 2000 – $7500 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse and four children, Non-Accidental bonus and other benefits.
- SSCE and above.
- 5 years minimum relevant experience
- A member of relevant professional bodies
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.