The Admin/Human Resources Manager Job Description Sample
This Admin/Human Resources Manager job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Manager Job Responsibilities
The Admin/Human Resources Manager would be responsible for
coordinating & maintaining an effective and efficient Administration/Human
Resources Department as a service provider to other departments in the Company.
Manager Duties include:
- Review existing Administration/Human Resources Policies and Procedures of the Company in line with internationally accepted best practices.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintain Company staff requirement by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing programs; counselling Managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes on related issues.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Act as a negotiating officer with Trade Unions or other Companies concern with matters affecting employment.
- Responsible for administrating the Company’s welfare services and all insurance matters.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results; hearing and resolving employees grievances; counselling employees when required to ensure overall optimized performance.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state statutory requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records and representing the organization at hearings.
- Shall be responsible for maintaining human resource records by designing an effective filing and retrieval system, safe enough to retain and keep past and current records.
- Review, update and enforce the Company’s staff booklet and other related Company procedures.
- Supervise salary preparation activities; maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys and recommend pay structure revision when necessary.
- Shall ensure all local purchases by the purchasing unit following laid down procedures.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
Key Relationships of the Admin/Human Resources Manager
- Managing Director.
- All Head of Departments (H.O.D) s.
- Tax Office
- Legal Advisers
- Insurance Outfits
- Branch Offices
- Government Agencies
Key Job Measures:
Responsible Manage the organization’s Performance Management
System, particularly Balanced Scorecard and other relevant Performance
Required Skills of an Admin/Human Resources Manager
- Ability to motivate workforce
- Visionary Leadership
- People Management;
- Communication Skills;
- Organizing Skills;
- Professional Judgment;
- Personal Credibility;
- Time Management;
- Budgeting Skills;
- Emphatic Skills
- Effective management and delegation;
- Communication and negotiation;
- Budget & Budgetary Controls;
- Strong financial acumen.
- Planning and forecasting.
Salary of an Admin/Human Resources Manager
This varies across various organizations but usually between
$ 500 – $2,000 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse
and four children, Non-Accidental bonus and other benefits.
- B.sc/HND in any social science course with
5years relevant work experience
- Relevant Professional Qualification Such as CIPM
etc. would be an added advantage
- Master’s degree (MBA) shall be an added