The Stock Keeper Job Description Sample
This sample job description for a stockkeeper can help you create a job application that will draw in eligible applications and inform the target candidate of the requirements for the position. Please feel free to modify this job description to suit your specific job duties and job requirements.
Stock Keeper Job Description
Stock Keeper Job Responsibilities
In addition to helping the Financial Director with the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Department, the Stock Keeper would be in charge of maintaining system-based records for the movement of our stock, converting raw material issues to manufacturing into finished goods, and performing periodic stock reconciliation.
The Stock Keeper’s Duties include:
- The day-to-day communication with the Sales and Production departments to guarantee that stock (raw materials) issued for production are appropriately and suitably recorded and that the system-based stock records are updated are among the responsibilities of the stock keeper.
- Keep an eye on how the raw materials are being used for production, and precisely document the amount of material used.
- Create a monthly sales cost and submit it for FD’s approval.
- Create a report on the stock position regularly for examination.
- The Stock keeper will verify the system and physical stock balances.
- Perform any tasks that the Financial Director may occasionally assign you.
Skills of a Stock Keeper,
- good familiarity with ordering procedures and methodologies.
- Keeping, distributing, and storing goods.
- Solid command of basic math.
- Understanding and familiarity with standard office and purchasing procedures.
- The ability to write and speak clearly and concisely.
Benefits of a Stock Keeper
A stockkeeper is a person who maintains and documents an inventory of commodities that are available for purchase, shipment, or receipt; they can also be someone who looks after or manages livestock, such as a shepherd or herder.
Position: The Stock Keeper
Reports: Finance Manager
Key Relationships of the Finance Director
- Branch Manager
- Head of Departments
- Managing Director
- Sales Manager
- Technical Manager
- Company Secretary
- Account/Finance Staff
- Maintenance Manager
Salary of a Storekeeper
This varies according to the organization, but it often ranges from $250 to $2,000, not including non-accidental bonuses, other benefits, and additional health insurance for the staff, spouse, and four children.
- First degree in accounting or finance or an HND from a reputable institution.
- Must have at least five years of experience following certification.
- Experience in writing, communicating, and managing is necessary.
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, and evaluation abilities
- and the capacity to create communication strategies that align with corporate objectives.
Contact us for a professional job description sample. Visit the La-Job portal for the latest jobs in Nigeria.