The Stock Keeper Job Description Sample
This Stock Keeper Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Stock Keeper Job Responsibilities
The Stock Keeper would be responsible for Maintenance of system based records for the movement in our stock, converting raw material issues to production into finished good, periodic stock reconciliation also to assist the Financial Director in day to day running of the Accounts Department.
The Stock Keeper Duties include:
– Day to day liaising with Sales and Production departments to ensure stock (raw materials) issued for production are properly and adequately recorded and the system-based stock records are updated.
– Monitor the use of the raw material issue to production and record accurately material consumed.
– Generate monthly cost of Sales for FD’s approval.
– Generate periodic stock position report for review.
– Reconciliation of physical and system stock balances.
– Carry out duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Financial Director
Skills of a Stock Keeper
- Good knowledge of methods and practices used in ordering.
- Storing, maintaining and issuing merchandise.
- good knowledge of simple arithmetic
- familiarity with general office and purchasing practices
- ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Benefits of a Stock Keeper
The Stock Keeper is the one that keeps and records stock (as in a warehouse), one that keeps an inventory of goods on hand, shipped, or received and one (such as a herdsman or shepherd) having the charge or care of livestock
Position: The Stock Keeper
Reports: Finance Manager
Key Relationships of the Finance Director
- Branch Manager
- Head of Departments
- Managing Director
- Sales Manager
- Technical Manager
- Company Secretary
- Account/Finance Staff
- Maintenance Manager
Salary of a Store Keeper
This varies across various organizations but usually between $ 250 – $2,000 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse and four children, Non-Accidental bonus and other benefits.
- First degree /HND Accounting And/or Finance
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post qualification
- Writing, communication and management experience required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and assessment skills
- Ability to develop communications plans to synchronize with organizational goals